Saturday, September 17, 2011

Time Flies!

Nate and I have been in Thailand a little over a week now and I am quickly realizing that we just don't have enough time! 4 months sounds like a long time to travel... but we are actually entering our 8th week already. Crazy! After meeting so many different travelers, I am hearing of hundreds of new places we must add to our ever growing list of places to see and things to do.


I know exactly where I get my urge to "do it all" - my mom. My dad has always had to tell her "pick two" because she always has a million things planned for them. I find myself in this situation quite often while traveling so in Thailand we picked two... or maybe three. We flew into Phuket and went straight to Koh Phi Phi. This is a big party island but is supposed to have some of the best diving in Thailand. Unfortunately for us, it rained the first three days. We managed to keep busy with reading, hanging out with new friends and, of course, eating! We made sure to find the best restaurants (with the biggest portions for Nate) and we enjoyed many delicious Thai meals. The weather finally took a turn and we were able to enjoy the beach and go diving. 


The second stop for us was on the other coast in a place called Nahkon Si Thammarat. We have been here for three nights visiting friends Jake and Emma. We have been spoiled staying in a huge house where we can take hot showers, do our laundry, check our email and eat home cooked meals provided to us by wonderful hosts. It has been truly amazing.


Next up is a small, quiet island called Koh Muk. This is an island that Nate went to with Jake, Emma and Peter two years ago and it was his favorite place. It's actually the only place he wished he was with a girlfriend, not Peter! ha! I am glad he is willing to go back as it sounds amazing and I would have forced him to anyways. It doesn't get much better than a quiet bungalow on the beach... 


Hope all is well at home.
Pictures coming soon - I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment